Before you begin building the application, you must have the following prerequisites installed on your system:
- Catalyst CLI Catalyst CLI contains a host of tools that enable you to initialize, develop, test, and deploy the components of your application from your local machine. We will be working with Catalyst CLI in this tutorial.
You must perform the following actions:
- Install Catalyst CLI: Catalyst CLI is installed through NPM. You must therefore have NPM and Node.js installed on your system before you install the CLI. Refer to the Install Catalyst CLI help page for details on the pre-requisites and the steps to install it.
- Login Catalyst CLI: After you install Catalyst CLI, you must authenticate the CLI with your Catalyst account before using it. Refer to the CLI Login help page for the steps to log in from Catalyst CLI and the various options available for it.
- Any IDE tool for Java and Node.js code development Download and install an IDE of your choice in your system. You can use any IDE to work with the function and the client code. Some popular choices include Visual Studio Code, IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse, and Sublime Text.
- Zoho CRM Professional or Enterprise edition To integrate the function with Zoho CRM, we will use Webhooks and associate it with a workflow rule. Webhooks are only available in the Professional or Enterprise edition of Zoho CRM. You can check out the comparisons of various Zoho CRM editions and buy an edition from this page.