Register the Android App with Catalyst
After you create the Catalyst project and the Android project, you must create a package for the Android app in Catalyst to register it, and download its unique configuration file.
This configuration file, app_configuration_development.properties, contains the definitions of the Catalyst project, the app client, and other OAuth authentication properties, that are auto-populated in it. You can view a complete list of the properties that this file defines from this help section.
- Click the Settings icon from your Catalyst console in your project.
- Navigate to Developer Tools under Project Settings in the settings menu, then click on the Android tile.
Alternatively, you can click the Add Package button below. You can create one Android app and one iOS app in a single Catalyst project.
- You must enter the same package name that you entered in Android Studio while creating the project. Enter the following values:
- Package name: "com.catalyst.zcdrive"
- Redirect URL: "home"
The values that you enter here will be auto-filled in the configuration file. Ensure that Android is selected as the OS type.
- Click Create.
- The console will then display a window from where you can download the configuration file. Click Download.
The configuration file will be downloaded to your system with all the property definitions mentioned earlier. The Mobile SDK section in Developer Tools will display the details of the Android SDK package configured with this project.