Accessing Catalyst by Zoho
Catalyst by Zoho is a part of Zoho's suite of online collaboration and business productivity applications (hereinafter "Zoho Services"). You will be able to access Catalyst by Zoho by using your common account for all Zoho Services (hereinafter "Zoho Account"). You may also access the framework components through the application programming interface provided by Zoho ("API").
Sharing Your Applications
- You may keep an application private or make it public. You may also keep the application partially private by keeping some of the components of the application as private and the rest of the components as public. Private applications may be shared to persons invited by you ("Shared Users").
- You may assign 'developer' privileges to persons invited by you ("Developer"). Developers may create applications on your behalf. Developers will also have the privileges of modifying, sharing and making public the applications created by Developers for you and for the applications for which developer privileges have been assigned by you.
- Shared Users and the Developer will have all the privileges assigned by you until you revoke such access privileges. You must make sure that you revoke access privileges if the purpose for which the access privilege has been granted is fulfilled.
- Public applications may be crawled and indexed by search engines. You must make sure that you do not accidentally make any application containing confidential information public.
- You understand that Catalyst by Zoho is only a platform for creating applications and that you are entirely responsible for the applications and any data or Content stored in the applications developed by you. You specifically understand that security vulnerabilities and security breach may result from business logic and implementation errors in the application and that Zoho is not responsible for the same.
- If an application has been developed by someone on your behalf, you must ensure that the application is adequately secure.
- We strongly recommend you to use the user authentication and authorization mechanism (“Authorization Mechanism”) provided by Zoho for your application. However, if you (i) customise the Authorization Mechanism provided by Zoho; (ii) develop your own Authorization Mechanism for your application; or (iii) do not use any Authorization Mechanism for your application, you acknowledge and agree that such customization, development/usage or non-usage of Authorization Mechanism is at your own risk and that Zoho is not responsible for any security vulnerabilities concerning the same.
Acceptable Use/ Prohibited Activities
You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for (i) the applications developed by you; (ii) all code, video, images, information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, messages or other materials (“Content”) uploaded by you through the Service; and (iii) the data of and the Content uploaded by your users and Shared Users.
By using Catalyst by Zoho, you agree that
- You will not develop any application or upload any Content that infringes the intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights of any party.
- You will not develop any application or upload any Content that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- You will not develop any application or upload any Content that interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service.
- You will not develop application or upload any Content that create a load on Zoho’s servers, abuse Zoho’s bandwidth, generate unnatural traffic and/or interfere with or disrupt its provisioning.
- You will not upload any Content that constitutes as unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, commercial activities and/or sales, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” “contests,” “sweepstakes,” or any other form of solicitation.
- You will not perform unfair, predatory, deceptive commercial practices or scamming activities such as pyramid scheme, click fraud or get-rich-quick scheme.
- You will not develop any application or upload any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, excessively violent, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful and promotes discrimination or hatred or violence based on ethnicity, race, nationality, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability or medical condition or otherwise objectionable.
- You will not develop applications or upload any Content related to exploitation or abuse of children, including but not limited to images or depictions of child abuse, child pornography or that present children in a sexual manner.
- You will not violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, or any regulations having the force of law.
- You will not develop any application or upload any Content for advertising, selling or distributing regulated products with varying legal status across jurisdictions such as arms and ammunitions, fireworks, explosives, toxic and radioactive materials, pharmaceutical and pseudo-pharmaceutical products, medical devices, drugs, equipment designed for making/using drugs, etc.
- You will not transmit or publish any Content that is considered as confidential and/or personal information belonging to any person or entity.
- You will not collect information about others, including e-mail addresses, without their consent.
- You will not develop any application or upload any Content that poses or creates a privacy or security risk to any person.
- You will not impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- You will not develop any application or upload any Content that further or promote any criminal activity or enterprise or provide instructional information about illegal activities.
- You will not manipulate search engine results, search engine ranking and search result placement.
- You will not send communications relating to cryptocurrency, including but not limited to, initial coin offering, cryptocurrency mining or cryptocurrency wallet.
- You will not upload any Content that imply or promote support or funding of, or membership in, a terrorist organization.
- You will not develop any application or upload any Content that are related to and promotes self-harm and other dangerous or illegal activities.
- You will not develop applications or upload any Content related to gambling.
- You will not develop any application or upload any Content, which, in Zoho’s discretion, (i) is objectionable, or actually or potentially disrupts, interferes with, or is harmful to Catalyst by Zoho, Zoho’s operations, or the ability of others to effectively use Catalyst by Zoho or which may expose Zoho or its users to harm or liability of any type.
You shall not use Catalyst by Zoho for phishing purposes. You understand that Zoho may terminate your Zoho Account if you use Catalyst by Zoho for obtaining any sensitive information such as login credentials, credit card numbers, social security numbers, account numbers and security codes. Zoho has the right, but no obligation to screen applications and components (excluding data collected using such applications and components) to ensure compliance with this Section.
Zoho may prescribe usage limits, including number of applications, number of users and Shared Users, number of cache segments, queue and tables allotted to you. The usage limits may be modified at Zoho’s sole discretion, with or without notice to you. You understand that Zoho may restrict an activity if you reach the usage limit corresponding to such activity. Zoho may also impose restrictions on usage through the API.
Zoho owns all rights, title, and interest, including all intellectual property rights in the components, and all related technology provided by Catalyst by Zoho (collectively, the “Zoho Materials”). Except for the limited use right expressly granted to you under this Agreement, Zoho does not grant you any right, title, or interest in the Zoho Materials. You retain ownership of any intellectual property rights in the applications developed by you, subject to Zoho’s rights in any underlying Zoho Materials. During the term of this Agreement you grant Zoho a fully paid-up, royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, right and license, under all of your intellectual property rights, to use, perform, and display the applications developed by you and its content for reviewing the application and for making your application available to users and Shared Users.
You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for your disputes with your users and Shared Users of the applications developed by you and Zoho will have no liability or responsibility with respect thereto.
Inactive User Policy
We reserve the right to terminate unpaid user accounts that are inactive for a continuous period of thirty (30) days. In the event of such termination, all data associated with such user account will be deleted. We will provide you prior notice of such termination and option to back-up your data.